Sunday, January 18, 2009

My whiteboard

The whiteboard on the outside of my door is very dear to me. I've had it up all year since I got here for band camp. It's only held on to the door by those command picture hangers. Essentially, it's just like Velcro. So, over these many months, it's been stolen twice. The first time, I came home from the sleepover at Julia's before the Purdue game just to grab a few things before going to hundred hall. I saw that the board was gone, leaving just the little strips on the door looking quite sad and lonely. I put a post-it note up on the door saying, "Felicia misses her whiteboard". It stayed like that for about 3 or 4 days, and then someone knocked on my door and was like, I think I know where your whiteboard is. I think it's in the Curry lounge. Curry is the guys wing right next to mine. He went over and found it for me, and other than the marker being missing that had been taped to it and a few cracks, it was totally fine. I told him I was grateful for letting me know. Apparently, Friday night, a group of guys got completely wasted and trashed the lounges in the hub of the building, which is where I live. I guess that's something guys like to do when they're drunk. So, needless to say, I did get my board back, taped a new marker to it, and put it back up on the door so it looked good again.

The second time my board was stolen was about 10 minutes ago. I know what it sounds like when someone writes on the board, and I don't mind people doing that, because there's nothing they can write that wont come off somehow. This was not that sound. It was clear that it had been pulled off the door. I was just sitting here, minding my business. So I got up, opened the door, and there were about 6 or 7 guys in the hallway going into our lounge which is right across from my door. I like to think I'm a generally nice person and such, but I'm pretty sure my face looked like I was going to kill because the guy holding my whiteboard dropped it and started running. The whole place reeeeeks! I don't want to go outside because it smells bad. I generally like living in the hub because it's quiet, but on nights like this, it's very annoying, because drunk guys aren't usually smart enough to unlock the doors to get out of the hub, so the place gets trashed. O well. No big. I just brought the board inside for now. In it's place, I put another post-it note that says, "You're idiots". I hope they read it and get mad. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment